Seasonal contract, Jan – Nov 2018 with possibility of extension
24- 32 hours/week, $22/hr
Are you passionate about teaching kids where food comes from, and sustainable, urban agriculture? Do you have gardening experience and knowledge, and experience with elementary aged children? If so please apply!
• Implement planned garden program activities with classes and after-school programs as per funder deliverables
• Plan and schedule garden classes with teachers in 3 schools in downtown east Toronto (all within a 15 minute walk from our office/supply room
• Develop and produce written curriculum/lesson plans based on the activities
• Participate in weekly staff meetings with co-workers and student volunteers
• Complete program tracking and logging, and other administrative tasks associated with position
• Support volunteer engagement and help evaluate volunteer support of your programs
Requirements: excellent written and spoken English, clear communicator via email and/or text message, garden experience, children experience, Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check
Assets: French language, other language, bicycle, social media savvy, cell phone (we pay 1/4)
Please send your cover letter and resume in ONE DOCUMENT to firstname.lastname@example.org , by Tuesday, January 16 at 5 pm. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls. We are committed to equity in hiring, especially inviting applications from Black, Indigenous and racialized people. Job requires physical ability to lift 50 lbs. and perform gardening work. Please indicate ALL experiences, whether paid or volunteer, that would help you do this job.
Interpretation Canada c/o Kerry Wood Nature Centre 6300 45th Ave Red Deer, AB, Canada T4N 3M4